National Federation of the Blind of California
2010 Scholarship Eligibility Information
The National Federation of the Blind of California annually awards several scholarships to qualified blind students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in order to achieve an academic degree. This opportunity is also available to high school seniors preparing to enter undergraduate programs.
This year, scholarships include the Julie Landucci Scholarship, Lawrence “Muzzy” Marcelino Memorial Scholarship, Gerald Drake Memorial Scholarship, LaVyrl “Pinky” Johnson Memorial Scholarship. Scholarship amounts vary from two to five thousand dollars. This application covers all of these awards.
Eligibility Requirements Are:
- The applicant must be legally blind (include a letter from either your Doctor, Rehabilitation Counselor, or your Disabled Students Office at your College).
- The applicant must be a full-time student in the Fall of 2010 with an average G.P.A. of not less than 3.0.
- Appplicant must submit transcripts from all colleges and proof of enrollement for the Fall of 2010.
- The winner must attend the NFB of California convention in Irvine,
October 21-24 2010. Expenses will be paid for your transportation, your portion of the hotel room, convention registration, and banquet ticket.
- Three letters of recommendation must be included.
- Completed applications and all required documentation must be received by September 1st, 2010 to be considered.
Send to NFB of California Scholarships
Attn: Mary Willows, President
39481 Gallaudet Drive #127
Fremont, CA 94538
To complete the Scholarship application online. Click Here